Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) & Automatic Mains Failure (AMF)
Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) is an automated switching device that transfers load power to backup power during mains failure and back to its original state when mains power reinstate to the normal condition. It will have its own contacts, microprocessor to analyses the conditions whether power supply is normal or backup and need backup or mains power. Here "back-up power" may become either Standby generator or another mains power or static power source like UPS. Megastar Bangladesh Ltd. provide
Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS) also known as Automatic Mains Failure (AMF) panel to cater uninterrupted power supply from Mains or backup sources like Diesel gen-set, static ups etc.
COMPONENTS AND FUNCTIONS WITH ATS / AMF :
- Full Relay Protection for 3-Ph, 4-wire System. Transfer to emergency source when voltage on any phase drops to 70 percent or less. Re-transfer to normal when all phase voltages are 90 percent or more.
- Adjustable time delay on generator start sequence, 10 seconds maximum, in all second intervals.
- Adjustable time delay on automatic transfer to normal, 15 to 30 minutes in 1 minute intervals. If the emergency source fails and power is available from the normal source, the time delay shall be defeated and the transfer operation immediately initiated.
- Two normally open and two normally closed auxiliary contacts on main shaft.
- Mounted pilot light to indicate switch in normal position.
- Mounted pilot light to indicate switch in emergency position.
- Engine Starting Contacts.
- Test switch and necessary equipment for remote test switch.
- Under-frequency Relay.
- Other Controls as necessary for the smooth automatic function of the system.